domingo, 23 de septiembre de 2012

How to write a review



  • ANSWER THE QUESTION
  • PLAN your review.
  • Make sure you have at least 4 paragraphs.
  • Choose an appropriate title.
  • The introduction will talk about what's being reviewed.
  • Use a relaxed, friendly, chatty style.
  • You can use contractions such as I'm, I've etc..
  • Use a new paragraph for each point you want to make.
  • Give your opinion.
  • In the concluding paragraph give your opinion.

FCE Writing Sample - Useful phrases for ESL - Reviews

What I liked

  • What I liked most was .....
  • The thing I liked most was ....
  • I was pleasantly surprised by .....
  • ..... would appeal to .....
  • If you get a chance to ....

What I disliked

  • What I disliked most was .....
  • I was disappointed by ......
  • I was disappointed with .....
  • I was very disappointed by .....
  • I was very disappointed with ....

Reviews of books:

  • main character
  • is set in
  • comedy
  • science fiction
  • thriller
  • romance
  • comedy
  • author
  • written by
  • chapter
  • factual
  • fiction
  • unbelievable
  • bestseller
  • chapter
  • ending

Reviews of films, tv programmes, plays:

  • lead role
  • star role
  • star
  • star actor
  • star actress
  • starring
  • secondary role
  • He plays a .......
  • She plays a .......
  • written by ....
  • is set in .....
  • based on a true story .....
  • believable
  • true to life
  • not very believable
  • far-fetched
  • comedy
  • romance
  • science fiction
  • ending

Reviews of hotels, restaurants, etc:

  • location
  • service
  • setting
  • attractive setting
  • disappointing setting
  • owned by
  • run by
  • head chef (restaurant)
  • waiters (restaurant)
  • staff .......
  • staff at reception .......(hotel)
  • hotel facilities ....
  • reasonable prices .....
  • good value for money .....
  • excellent value for money .....
  • expensive
  • a bit expensive
  • overpriced
  • not worth the money
  • poor value for money
  • always fully booked
  • book in advance

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario